Cooking Club

Cooking Club

Sara Lao

Cooking Club

By Sara Lao

March 12, 2021

CPM has a new club, the Cooking Club. Here is some information about it:

Here is a message from Ms.Chomiak: “I didn’t really start a cooking club, I co-started it.  This past summer we ran a  virtual camp for students at AMS with a couple of teachers from AMS (Alderwood Middle School). One of the most activities we did was cooking and so we continued and expanded that part and formed a cooking club at AMS. It has been so much fun so I wanted to bring it to CPM. It’s definitely not because I am a good cook or have a really neat kitchen!  I am the worst cook in my family and often burn things but I love how cooking provides a sensory break from all the screen time.  Cooking club provides a fun way to safely interact with students. It’s also fun because students’ siblings often participate. Cooking club ‘meetings’ aka showing up and cooking with them. Some teachers and students might show up and cook. Others might show up and just participate by commenting or helping answer questions in the chat. It can be kind of like watching and participating in a live cooking show. We also get new recipes and ideas from students. Before the cooking club I had never cooked Fresa con Crema or made Lokume (a type of Bosnian cookie). I love learning about different cultures and students’ lives.” – Ms.Chomiak

Complete this form if you want to join the club: https://forms.gle/KCnQjHhiJSuEzY36A